Values and Ethos
Our mission statement is:
Learning together, growing together
Out of our mission statement of 'learning together, growing together', we have developed a curriculum that reflects that life at Dovecot is exciting, varied, inclusive, challenging, rich and inspiring. Our curriculum promotes pupils' spiritual, moral, social and cultural development and provides opportunities for pupils to:
- Develop and demonstrate excellence in all areas of school life.
- Embrace our broad and balanced curriculum and the opportunities that it provides.
- Become engaged and motivated children.
- Display high standards of behaviour and expectation.
- Develop a lifelong love of learning.
- Build strong and positive relationships within the community.
Language is a key focus for us as a school, both to develop the children's communication abilities as well as to provide them with a rich and specific vocabulary from across the curriculum that underpins their knowledge and understanding.
At Dovecot, we use a variety of teaching strategies in order to reflect the many ways in which children learn, as well as to foster engagement, creativity and motivation. We have a subject-based approach to teaching the National Curriculum, enhanced by carefully planned out educational visits and memorable learning experiences. Our curriculum, alongside the National Curriculum, promotes the spiritual, moral, cultural, mental and physical development of pupils and prepares them for the opportunities and experiences of later life.
As we move out of the Covid-19 pandemic, we look to continue to develop our children and community so that they are 'learning together' and 'growing together' as we move forward together.