Mulberry Class (Y4)
Welcome to Year 4 - Mulberry Class
Hello, I'm Miss Wilson - it's lovely to meet you!
I'm the Year 4 Teacher at Dovecot Primary School. Here's a little bit about me:
- I love Disneyworld! Mickey and Minnie are my favourite characters
- I love music, reading and horse riding.
- I enjoy spending time with my family and friends
- My favourite meal is a roast dinner and I love chocolate!!
Reading in Year 4...
Your child will be given a set of books and a reading diary to bring home. Your child will need to keep their reading diary and books in their book bags to bring to school every day. Your child will read with myself or Mrs Weston on a Monday. The children will also have lots of opportunities to read and enjoy books throughout the week at school and at home.
Star of the week…
Each Friday one child’s name will be picked from a hat and chosen to be our Star of the Week. This child will be responsible for helping with jobs in the classroom throughout the following week including taking the register with a friend and so on.
- The children will be doing PE every Thursday. Please ensure your child has their PE kit
- Any letters or reply slips, which need to be returned, can be put in your child’s book bag. The children are encouraged to check them each morning and give things in after the register.
- Homework will be given out every Friday, which will be returned on a Tuesday.
- Spellings will be handed out on a Wednesday, please practice them at home, as there will be a test on Monday.
Learning at Home
If your child is isolating; therefore learning from home, the class page will be updated weekly with classwork that your child can complete.
- Oxford Owl - www.oxfordowl.co.uk
- Top Marks - www.topmarks.co.uk
- TT Rockstars - https://play.ttrockstars.com/auth/school/student
- Purplemash - https://www.purplemash.com/sch/dovecot
- Google Classroom - https://classroom.google.com
Year 4 Information
Learning this term in Year 4
In English we will be looking at an adventure story, with the goal at the end to compose own version.
In Maths we will be looking at Fractions, Decimals and Measurement as well as continuing to develop our understanding of past learning.
In Science we will be focusing on Living Things and their Habitat's.
In Humanities will be looking at Urban and Rural Areas.
In PE we will be focusing on Dance.