Hello, I am Mrs Matthews and I am the nursery teacher and I work with Mrs Metcalfe the nursery teaching assistant.
Click on the link below to access our virtual classroom and click on the pictures to try out some of the fun activities we do at nursery.
Week Commencing 19th October 2020
Early Years Foundation Stage
Both Nursery and Reception work closely together as a unit where we follow the Early Years Foundation Stage Curriculum. We are able to access both indoor and outdoor environments and enjoy playing and learning together.
In EYFS there are 7 areas of learning which we cover throughout the year.
- Personal, Social and Emotional Development
- Communication and Language
- Physical Development
- Understanding the World
- Expressive Arts and Design
Throughout the year we look at broad themes and topics, including ourselves, the seasons and celebrations, to name but a few. In these topics we will aim to follow the children’s interests and ideas. This may lead us into other mini-topics, taking the classes in different directions; so be sure to ask your child, check our learning journey wall and pop back to our page to see our most current learning. Don't forget, we also have our Class Dojo page to keep you involved in your child's learning.
- Nursery starts promptly at 8:45am (Children do begin their learning straight away, from 845 - 9 children do various activities including learning to write their name.)
- Nursery ends at 11:45am, please make sure you arrive on time, in order to form a smooth transition from nursery to home.
- In Early Years outdoor learning is incredibly important for our children and we do go outside in sun, rain and snow. Please ensure your child has appropriate footwear and a waterproof coat in Nursery; as well as gloves, a scarf and hat as the weather gets colder, and sun cream and a sun hat in the warmer months.
- We also do a lot of messy play and active learning and, although we do our best to stay clean, we recommend that your child wears school uniform or items you don’t mind getting a little dirty, as this will enable the children to fully participate in their learning. Please also clearly label all belongings to help avoid confusion.
- Our parents' notice board (next to EYFS door) will be kept up to date with all relevant information. However if you need to speak to us regarding anything at all please feel free – we are partners in your child’s learning and communication is key to them getting the most out of Nursery.
- If your child has any food allergies please let us know.
- If your child uses an inhaler please leave one in nursery at all times.
- If you require support with potty training please ask.