Ash Class (Y3)
Welcome to Year 3 and Ash Class!
I'm Mr Langley and I'm our Class Teacher.
I'm really looking forward to getting to know you and welcome you to our class. Here's a little bit about me:
- I'm new to Dovecot School this year and am having such a lovely time meeting everyone in our fantastic school.
- I especially enjoy reading and talking about books: it's my favourite thing!
- When I'm not at school I like hanging out with our two rescue greyhounds, Eli and Patch. They used to be professional racers but now it's impossible to get them off the sofa... Here's a picture of them lounging in their pyjamas.
Hi I'm Miss Pape and I'm the Learning Support Assistant in our class!
I have supported in the school across the full range of the curriculum for 12 years. Here's a little bit about me:
Reading in Year 4...
Your child will be given a set of books and a reading diary to bring home. Your child will need to keep their reading diary and books in their book bags to bring to school every day. Your child will read with Miss Pape or myself. The children will also have lots of opportunities to read and enjoy books throughout the week at school and at home.
- The children will be doing PE every Thursday. Please ensure your child comes to school in their PE kit.
- Homework will be given out every Thursday, and it would be great if homework folders could come back on Tuesdays. All homework is optional: the most important thing your child can do at home is read to build fluency and continue to develop a love of reading. Homework will largely involve spoken tasks designed to consolidate children's learning and allow them to share what they've learnt and get really enthusiastic about it.
- Along with their homework your child will receive a weekly spelling list to practice.