Year 1 & 2 visit to Stockley Farm
Our Year 1 and 2 children had a fantastic day at Stockley Farm!
They enjoyed lots of ‘hands-on’ activities to learn and discover all about the farm and the animals that they look after. Learning included Science attainment targets in 'Life Processes and Living Things', alongside endless cross-curricular opportunities.
- A tractor and trailer ride around the farm
- Meeting the friendly farm animals including goats, cows, sheep, pigs and more!
- Bottle feeding the baby goats and lambs
- Getting up close to the smaller animals including rabbits & guinea pigs in the Pets’ Corner
- Feeding the chickens and collecting their eggs
- Meeting the friendly Shetland ponies
- Touring the Milking Parlour and learning about the 200 cows that are milked there twice a day
- Learning about the birds of prey
- Discovering the wonders of wildlife on the Nature Trail
As you can see from the photos - it was a fantastic day!