School Sport Funding
At Dovecot Primary School we believe that sport plays an important part as it contributes to the health and well-being of our children. Sporting excellence and participation, alongside strong cultural opportunities, go hand in hand with academic standards.
The revised vision for the Primary PE and Sport Premium is:
All pupils leaving primary school physically literate and with the knowledge, skills and motivation necessary to equip them for a healthy lifestyle and lifelong participation in physical activity and sport.
To achieve self-sustaining improvement in the quality of PE and sport in primary schools. We would expect indicators of such improvement to include:
• the engagement of all pupils in regular physical activity – kick-starting healthy active lifestyles
• the profile of PE and sport being raised across the school as a tool for whole school improvement
• increased confidence, knowledge and skills of all staff in teaching PE and sport
• broader experience of a range of sports and activities offered to all pupils 2
• increased participation in competitive sport